Thursday, March 31, 2005

And One from Yeats

Politics

"In our time the destiny of man presents
its meaning in political terms"- Thomas Mann

How can I, that girl standing there,
My attention fix
On Roman or on Russian
Or on Spanish politics?
Yet here's a travelled man that knows
What he talks about,
And there's a politician
That has both read and thought,
And maybe what they say is true
Of war and war's alarms,
But O that I were young again,
And held her in my arms.

Little or no political blogging for me any longer. There are plenty of people much smarter than I on things political. I will write about words and language, poems and poetry, wood and woodworking, flyfishing, screws, joinery and fastening systems, morality and values, common sense and logic, quantum indeterminacy,emergent properties in systems, classical music, ideas.

Impermanence surrounds us. All material things are in a state of dissolution. Work out your salvation with diligence.

No comments: