Friday, May 20, 2005

Reread:Kate O'Beirne on U.S. Soldiers, Heroism & Iraq on National Review Online

Kate O'Beirne on U.S. Soldiers, Heroism & Iraq on National Review Online

Just now rereading the above; it ends with part of The Ranger Creed: "Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country." It's too bad the media will under no circumstances tell the remarkable stories of these and other soldiers and Marines, who bring great credit to themselves, their services, and their country.


I'm feeling cynical and angry about the failures of the press to live up to what the Bill of Rights expects of them. Freedom of the press to them means under any and all circumstances I shall slander and embarrass my country. Bastards.

No comments: