Monday, October 23, 2006

Stegasaurus at the NY Times

When I was about eight, my twin and I had a beautiful dinosaur book. Color illustrations, dates of how long ago they lived, swampy plant scenes, twelve inch dragonflies...we really liked the stegosuarus. (In the mind's eye now I see the stegosuarus from King Kong succumbing to the gas bombs.)

The book said the stegosauraus had two brains, one in the head, and one in the tail. (I know now they were nerve ganglia, but at eight, two brains...zowie!) How long did it take for messsages to travel to the brain at the head?

Now that Brian Calame at the NY Times admits revealing the Swift financing info was a bad idea, it seems like it takes three months.

I think the sauropods in the Yucatan knew they were screwed about only one week after the asteroid hit.

No comments: